- 1 The Net Worth of David Walliams: An In-Depth Look at this Talented Star’s Career and Personal Life
- 1.1 What is David Walliams’s Net Worth and Salary?
- 1.2 Early Life and Education
- 1.3 Career
- 1.4 Personal Life
- 1.5 Real Estate
- 1.6 Legacy
- 1.7 FAQs
- 1.7.1 1. What were David Walliams’s early career challenges?
- 1.7.2 2. How did David Walliams meet Matt Lucas?
- 1.7.3 3. What is the significance of the book “The Boy in the Dress”?
- 1.7.4 4. How has David Walliams helped with charity work?
- 1.7.5 5. What TV shows has David Walliams appeared as a judge?
- 1.7.6 6. What is David Walliams’s writing process?
- 1.7.7 7. What awards has David Walliams got in recognition of his work?
- 1.7.8 8. Is David Walliams married?
- 1.7.9 9. Which of David Walliams’s books are most-read?
- 1.7.10 10. What does David Walliams have to say about his writing style?
- 1.7.11 11. What is David Walliams’s relationship like with Simon Cowell?
- 1.7.12 12. What was David Walliams’s first stand-up show like?
- 1.7.13 13. How did David Walliams get involved in charity work?
- 1.7.14 14. What is the most popular performance of David Walliams?
- 1.7.15 15. How has David Walliams’s comedy style evolved over the years?
The Net Worth of David Walliams: An In-Depth Look at this Talented Star’s Career and Personal Life
What is David Walliams’s Net Worth and Salary?
David Walliams is a prolific British comedian, actor, author, and television personality who has made a fortune from his various talents. As of 2021, his estimated net worth is approximately $35 million, according to Celebrity Net Worth. However, estimates of his salary varies widely depending on his various engagements, and the exact figures have not been publicly disclosed.
Early Life and Education
David Walliams was born David Edward Williams on August 20, 1971, in Merton, London, England. His parents were both of English and Jewish heritage, and he had a younger sister named Julie. He attended Reigate Grammar School in Reigate, Surrey, where he was known for his comedic talents and his love of drama.
After his secondary schooling, he attended the University of Bristol, where he studied drama, and graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in Arts. During his time at university, he met and formed a close friendship with fellow comedian and actor, Matt Lucas, who would later become his frequent collaborator.
David Walliams began his career in entertainment as a comedian, often performing stand-up comedy in various venues in London. He also caught the attention of BBC radio producers who invited him to take part in various projects. Eventually, David began to shift his career towards television, making his first television appearance in 1993 on the show “Games World.”
In 1999, David became a regular on the sketch comedy show “The Real McCoy.” He continued to make regular television appearances, climaxing in 2003 with the launch of the hugely successful comedy series “Little Britain.” The show was co-created with Matt Lucas, and saw the two actors portray a plethora of hilarious characters who quickly caught the public’s attention. It became an overnight sensation, running until 2006 and has been catalogued as a cult classic.
David Walliams continued to work in television throughout the 2000s, appearing in several comedy shows and dramas, such as “Rock Profile,” “Spaced,” and “Black Books.” After the success of Little Britain, he also starred in and wrote the BBC’s “Come Fly with Me” musical comedy, which was also co-written with Matt Lucas.
Aside from his prolific television work, David Walliams also began to author children’s books, beginning with “The Boy in the Dress” in 2008. The book was an immediate success, and Walliams has since published over 20 books, which have been translated into 53 different languages and sold over 40 million copies worldwide.
Despite his fame and success, David Walliams has managed to keep his personal life relatively private. In 2010, he married Lara Stone, a Dutch model, but the couple got divorce after five years of marriage. Walliams is also known for his philanthropic work, and he and his work with various charities have been recognized by the Queen, who made him an OBE (Officer of the Order of the British Empire) in 2017.
David Walliams has an extensive real estate portfolio, owning several properties across London, New York, and even one rented property in Los Angeles. Walliams’s London portfolio includes a house in Hampstead Heath worth an estimated $12 million and another across from U2’s Bono in Holland Park. In 2019, he spent $2.3 million on a beachfront penthouse in Miami Beach, according to Variety.
David Walliams’s legacy stems from his incredible body of work – he has produced numerous television shows, written best-selling children’s books, and amassed a huge following of fans who adore his comedy style. Through his work, Walliams is known for his dedication to charity and his ability to captivate an audience with his witty humor.
1. What were David Walliams’s early career challenges?
Like many comics, David Walliams had to work hard to hone his skills in front of a crowd. He honed his skills by performing his comedy at various comedy clubs and venues in London.
2. How did David Walliams meet Matt Lucas?
David Walliams and Matt Lucas meet while attending the University of Bristol where they both studied Drama.
3. What is the significance of the book “The Boy in the Dress”?
“The Boy in the Dress” is David Walliams’s first children’s book, and it has been viewed as a significant moment in literature that explored issues of gender.
4. How has David Walliams helped with charity work?
David Walliams is known for his work with organizations like Sport Relief, the Elton John AIDS Foundation, and Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity.
5. What TV shows has David Walliams appeared as a judge?
David Walliams has appeared as a judge on several notable British television shows, including Britain’s Got Talent and The X Factor.
6. What is David Walliams’s writing process?
David Walliams has said that he writes for two hours every morning, and spends the rest of the day handling other projects.
7. What awards has David Walliams got in recognition of his work?
David Walliams has won several awards throughout his career, including the National Television Awards, British Comedy Awards, and the Roald Dahl Funny Prize.
8. Is David Walliams married?
David Walliams was married to Lara Stone, a Dutch model, for five years before getting divorced in 2015.
9. Which of David Walliams’s books are most-read?
David Walliams’s most-read children’s books include “Mr. Stink,” “Gangsta Granny,” and, “Demon Dentist.”
10. What does David Walliams have to say about his writing style?
David Walliams has said that his writing style is influenced by his love of Roald Dahl and Enid Blyton.
11. What is David Walliams’s relationship like with Simon Cowell?
David Walliams and Simon Cowell have a long-standing professional relationship, with David appearing as a judge on “Britain’s Got Talent.”
12. What was David Walliams’s first stand-up show like?
David Walliams’s first stand-up show was at the Banana Cabaret comedy club in London. Despite the low turnout, Walliams’s unique comic style soon caught the attention of comedy producers in the UK.
13. How did David Walliams get involved in charity work?
David Walliams has always been a philanthropist – he has worked with charities for many years, including Great Ormond Street Hospital Children’s Charity and the Elton John AIDS Foundation.
14. What is the most popular performance of David Walliams?
David Walliams’s most popular performance is his role in the BBC comedy series “Little Britain,” which he created with Matt Lucas.
15. How has David Walliams’s comedy style evolved over the years?
David Walliams’s comedy style has been noted for its ability to tap into contemporary issues and subversively push boundaries – something that has evolved over time as he has honed his craft.